Replacing the garage door of your house is often a necessity. If you are looking for options, it is wise to consider insulated roller garage doors. Replacing the old garage door may have a number of benefits, and depending on the product and installation costs, you may have to pay anywhere from $700 to $1500. In this post, we will talk about insulated garage doors and the benefits of choosing the option.
- Save on energy bills. As the name suggests, insulated garage doors are meant to reduce heat loss, and in turn, you will save a lot on your energy bills. Garages that are uninsulated tend to pass cold air to the closer rooms. By opting for insulation, you are reducing the amount of energy required for the rest of the house. Of course, you need to be careful about the installation of insulated roller garage doors, but it is always a better choice than regular doors. Keep in mind that garages are not designed to be a part of the house, and therefore, there are more gaps, which reduces energy efficiency. Insulation is a smart way of tacking the problem.
- A more durable choice. Insulated garage doors are surely better than the regular doors in terms of construction. Single-layer doors are cheaper for sure, but these often need replacement within years of use. With an insulated door, you don’t have to bother about this problem, because the main frame is made is steel/aluminum, which can last for decades. Also, the insulation is aptly inserted between panels made of steel, and that kind of construction only adds to the durability of the door.
- Avoid those creaky sounds. It’s no secret that insulated garage doors are better than the uninsulated ones as far as reduced noise is concerned. Old doors that have the conventional track system tend to include loose chains that make a thudding noise every time the door is used. The rollers, hinges and springs can be at fault too, especially after years of use. While you can reduce the sounds by lubricating the parts, there is still no denying that insulated doors are better, especially if you have guest or living rooms next to the garage space.
- A better alternative for protecting your car. If you live in an area that’s prone to freezing temperatures, having an insulated garage door is must to protect your car. Cold weather can damage your car, and by reducing heat loss, you are protecting your investment. You won’t have to deal with dead batteries or issues in the transmission.
- Consider convenience. In many homes, garages are used for a number of additional things. Some people place their hobby materials, while others use the space to keep their treadmill. With an insulated door, you can make the most of the available space in all seasons. If you intend to install a HVAC system in the garage keeping the use in mind, having an insulated door is more than essential. You can use the space as an extra storage room too.
Check online to find installers for such insulated doors, and before you take the call, do ask for an estimate to know the costs and expenses better. It is wise to compare a few installers in the area, based on services, support and other market reputation.